<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 12, 2009




Two million people show up in DC to protest the communization of the USA, and CNN serves up this.

I have to tell you: the last time I saw this sort of disconnect between the press and the general populace, Ronald Reagan got elected.

No. I swear to god. That summer I was working in NJ for the second time, and again for Sophocles at the New Monmouth Hotel, in Asbury Park - a stone's throw from The Stone Pony and Bruce Springsteen. (Good times, good times.) (I also saw Peter Gabriel and Joe Jackson at the convention hall.) (Visible in the boardwalk background just before Big Pussy got whacked.)

Anyway. The (soon-to-be) legacy media were portraying Reagan as The Beast Of The Last Days, ready to call up Armageddon, while Jimmah was the Lamb of God, ready to take away more of America's sins. In Asbury Park, nobody was buying it. They were up for tarring and feathering Jimmah, and for riding him out of town on a rail. The economy was that bad, and the Persians had sincerely fucked us that badly in the ass, by his leave. (For example, Sophocles' hotel was mostly sustained by Canadian Greeks coming south from Toronto for a few months of sun, and they mocked the US for allowing itself to be fucked in the ass by others than Greeks.) (But I digress.) (I think.)

After that summer I went back to Ireland. People asked me who would win the general election, Reagan or Jimmah? I answered Reagan, in a landslide. They couldn't believe it.

And how could they. The images fed to them by the (soon-to-be) legacy media were completely at odds with opinion on the street. You know: what the electorate was thinking. I think we're seeing the same thing again.

Oh, and Reagan did win the election, that year.


OH!!!!! Mrs LivinInAmerica points out that The Won actually ran from DC today. He'll return tomorrow, of course, as the dog he is, returning to his vomit.


UPDATE: Apparently the protest ended with the people taking their trash with them. As opposed to The Won's inauguration, when the streets were left piled high with filth. Says it all, really.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?