<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 20, 2008

This is a sad story.

It seems to me that WW I did a real head-job on the French, as regards military power, and Indochina only cemented the attitude.

Now, it looks like the French cannot even successfully deploy a platoon into combat.


This would normally be the point where I reflect on the dissolution of NATO, but should we now leave the Poles and the Czechs to their fate? Not likely. We'd only encourage those that hate us.

The better option is to demand the French equip and train to American standards. We'd all be better off.

I've been to the Arc de Triomphe. I've been to Les Invalides, I've been to Ecole Militaire. I've seen the statue of Joffre, astride his charger, facing the Eiffel Tower. "Ils ne passeront pas." I've seen it many times, but to this day I cannot see that line without getting goosebumps. I know the French can fight as well as us. They just need to be asked to do so, in a way that shows how their national security depends on it. *That* will get them going.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?