<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Sloganmaster was on "Fox and Friends" this morning, demanding that the US Federal Government bail out people who can't pay their mortgages. Apparently, when banks made loans to people with questionable ability to repay, they were "preying" on those people.

Seems to me that what actually happened is that the banks provided a way for people to get a taste of the good life - if for only a short time - at the cost of billions to the banks themselves, and at a risk of recession for the rest of us. Such altruism!

On balance, I think this bailout is a good idea. I mean, we had the Resolution Trust Corporation back in the 1980s. That was a taxpayer handout to fat cats around the country (Well, ok, mostly in Texas), so I think it's time the little guy got in on the act.

I can see the campaign slogans now:

- Bailouts for everyone, not just the rich!

- What do we want? Bailouts! When do we want them? Now!

I await payment from the Edwards (Silk Pony, SC) campaign.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?