<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 12, 2007

As an Irish guy, this has been one amazing week for me.

Ian Paisley and Martin McGuinness sharing power in a government?!?!?!!! Cats lying down with dogs!

Then Paisley shows up to commemorate the Battle of the Boyne with Bertie Ahern?!?!?!!!

I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on. My suspicion is that the Catholics of Northern Ireland are out-breeding the Protestants and Paisley, seeing the writing on the wall, is making the best deal he can, while he can.

I hope things go well, but I have my doubts. McGuinness and Gerry Adams led a Marxist-Leninist insurgency that claimed dominion over all 32 counties of Ireland. I hope that these particular leopards have changed their spots. Given that the IRA has morphed into a drug smuggling cartel, maybe they're making the best deal they can too.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?