<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Religion of Pieces is getting ready to act up.

I was in Paris about four years ago, and had dinner with some friends of friends. At the time they quizzed me about the imminent war in Iraq. I was well-mannered, but quite honest in my responses. Among other thigns, I told them that the war in Iraq was a necessary part of draining the fever swamp that is the Islamic world. I also offered the opinion that France's muslim population was about to turn into a huge problem.

I later heard back that my comments were thought of as some of the most "politely-advanced fascist statements" they'd ever heard.

The people with whom I had dinner live east of the Republique metro station, next to Clichy.


UPDATE: More here.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?