<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 02, 2006

I'm watching 'Reagan' on PBS.

I remember watching Carter and Reagan in the late 70's and early 80's.

Carter convinced me that a vote for a Democrat was a vote for suicide.

Reagan? Well, all my friends were convinced Reagan was going to nuke us. Me? I wanted in on the fight before the whole thing ended. I wanted to finish my degree as quickly as I could, get through Officer Training School, and be an American standing at the rampart against the communist beast.

Talk about timing: four years after I was commissioned, the Berlin wall fell ("Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"). By Christmas of 1991, the Soviet Union was gone. Reagan challenged the Soviets and put them out of business. Had we listened to the Democrats - the Soviet fellow travellers - we'd *still* be dealing with the Soviets, as well as dealing with Isalmofascism. Apologies from Democrats? Nary a one.

Democrats. They leave me shaking my head.

Interesting point: "The Day After" aired the day before Reagan deployed cruise missiles to NATO. You know, the way the NSA wiretap "scandal" story aired before the USA PATRIOT bill came up for a vote.

Plus ca change, etc.

Comments:
The president has repeatedly, on camera, lied about his knowing Abramoff, including the fact that President knew that Abramoff had twins. Pray tell why?
 
You are a moron. Quite possibly a Democrat postbot. Well, Democrat, I guess, I mean, what's the difference.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?