<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 16, 2004

Were the Atlanta Olympics this bad?

I was working in Japan for most of the games, so I got no first-hand experiences. I got back just before the games ended and went to the track and field semi-finals, which I enjoyed. Most Atlantans I know seem to have enjoyed the games. Years after the games, having a pint in Freeney's in Galway, I got to talking to the bar tender and found he'd been to the games. He loved the time he spent in Atlanta.

So, I don't know. In any event, I've yet to hear cute little Katie Couric say anything like "Whoohoo! These games could suck worse than Atlanta's!!! Yeah! We won't be the worst any more!"

Update: Previous Olympics have had attendance problems as well.

Notably absent from the list of woes is...Atlanta.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?